NATIONAL DONATE LIFE BLUE & GREEN DAYNational Donate Life Blue & Green Day is observed annually in April.
Every April, we are encouraged to wear blue and green and promote organ donation. According to Donate Life America, nearly 124,000 people in the United States are awaiting some type of organ transplant. Organ donor registration is critical. There are many types of organ donation. National Donate Life Blue & Green Day is a day to find out more.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Learn more about organ donation and use #DonateLifeBlueGreenDay to post on social media.
Donate Life Blue & Green Day was founded by Donate Life America. For more information on their organization and organ donation visit their website at donatelife.net.
This information is provided by National Day Calendar. Yes, I am an organ donor! I had no idea this was the National Day and was already wearing blue today - so, guess it was just meant to be.
If you are not already an organ donor please consider being one; You may save / extend someone else's life!
1) I am originally from Oklahoma and currently live in Oklahoma. However, I have also lived in Illinois and Arkansas (most recently).
2) I am the youngest of 6 children and the only girl.
3) I share my birthday with my youngest brother (who is 5 years older) and our great grandfather. Aug. 29th was a popular day in our family :).
4) I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Oklahoma Wesleyan University - Summa Cum Laude
5) I have worked in the Food Production industry for 20+ years.
6) Growing up we lived in small town across the street from my grandparents.
7) In my youth I loved to go fishing with my family. I still love the outdoors but not really into fishing so much now.
8) My first name was spelled wrong on my original birth certificate. Or, maybe my parents changed the spelling of my name - may have to ask my mother for sure. But, I do have both birth certificates from where it was changed.
9) I believe in the right to bear arms
10) I do conceal & carry!